Friday, July 24, 2009

Taurosevicius: Affliction "Can't Just Go Out Like That"

I just spoke to Deividas Taurosevicius, who was scheduled to fight Mark Hominick on the Affliction "Trilogy" undercard, about the event being cancelled. And I quote:

"I can’t say nothing now. I don’t know too much (about) what is going on right now. We got the call…right now the show is cancelled. What is next, I have no idea."

"All that work, and at the last second - boom. All because of the one fighter: Josh."

"Of course I’m mad, but what are you going to do. Everybody’s on the same page; all the fighters are waiting for their paychecks. We’ll see, we’ll see what they’ll offer, what it’s going to be. They can’t just go out like that."


I also spoke to Deividas' manager, Neil Wolfson, who, despite his best efforts, remains in the dark.

"The only thing that I know is, like everyone else, I’m scrambling. I was notified today that the Affliction show was called off, and the information I was because of a lot of the sponsorship falling out because of the situation with Barnett, and not being able to get a suitable replacement for Fedor."



No comments:

Post a Comment