Sunday, December 5, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
1) Gus Johnson + Frank Shamrock = Mauro Ranallo still doesn't stand out.
2) Bobby Lashley isn't nasty enough for the cage.
3) No matter how hard he tries, Jorge Gurgel will never be Wanderlei Silva. His stand-and-bang gameplan is making him the Craig Ehlo of MMA highlight reels.
4) KJ Noons throws a sweet left hook. Elbow up and in, weight on front foot. Beautiful.
5) Jacare did more damage than Tim Kennedy did. He moved better and his hands were faster. The judges got this one right.
6) I think Mousasi would beat Feijao.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
He's unafraid to stand up for what he believes is right, and for his efforts, he is often labeled self-righteous, arrogant, condescending, whatever else. Truth be told, I'm not one for finger pointing, but when Tim points out something about MMA that needs to be changed, I tend to agree. I'm not necessarily bothered by foul language or hospital brawls, but I can't reallly defend it.
Check out the Q&A over at Cage Potato.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Sonnen also explained that because he's not a "gang banger," the word "respect" is not part of his lexicon.
If you're not entertained or amused by this interview, it's OK. You just didn't get it. Kinda like how some people didn't like No Country for Old Men.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Anyway, it was good to hear Arlovski say the following:
- He has "unfinished business to do" in Strikeforce and definitely wants a rematch against Fedor and Brett Rogers.
- His focus is on MMA, not boxing (for now, at least).
- He's been working with Greg Jackson's camp, as well as American Kickboxing Academy.
Check out the whole interview here.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
This is Gianpiero Villante (6-0). A while back I did an interview with the up-and-coming Chris Weidman to get the word out before he makes it to the big-time. Well, Gian's another guy you need to know about.
Gian is the Ring of Combat heavyweight champion and he’ll be fighting for the light-heavyweight belt on April 16. According to Villante’s trainer, Keith Trimble of Bellmore Kickboxing, Gian has caught the attention of UFC pres Dana White. Keith also says that Gian will be trying out for The Ultimate Fighter Season 12.
Stay tuned for more with ROC champion Gian Villante.