Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dan Lauzon Interview


I just spoke to Dan "The Upgrade" Lauzon for FullContactFighter.com . Cool guy. Very candid. Here are some items of note:

- His August 1 Affliction fight w/ Chris Horodecki was originally going to headline the HDNet undercard broadcast, but will now be the co-main event along with Paul Daley vs. Jay Heiron.

- On being a Lauzon: "Me and Joe - my brother, were butting heads a bit, you know, like brothers do, and I ended up deciding I wasn't going to train at his gym for this fight." Lauzon went and trained with Josh Grispi, but eventually came back and resumed training with Joe, who will corner him against Horodecki. So what did they butt heads over? "Stupid shit. I don't even remember."

- On UFC 64: "Yeah, I fought in the UFC when I was 18 years old, and I lost. I obviously wasn't ready to be there."
- On Gomi: "I think Affliction just signed Gomi. I don't think I'd like to get in there with Gomi just yet."

- On Horodecki: "I just think that he's fighting higher caliber fighters now, and he's not able to put them away."

- Dan wants a first-round submission win. After that, he wants to get back to his seat and watch Vitor Belfort, his all-time favorite fighter.

- Final thought on Horodecki: "I'm going to smash his big ol' cannuck head."


(photo from fightticker.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment