Sunday, December 5, 2010

After the Bell: Strikeforce - Henderson vs. Babalu


I did the live blog of the Strikeforce: Henderson-Babalu card last night for Cage Potato last night, which was highlighted by highlight-reel KOs and not a whole lot of typing on my part. A few impressions:

1) Paul Daley called out KJ Noons and Nick Diaz after thrashing Scott Smith. I think both guys could take out Semtex.

2) Bigfoot Slva is only 6'3"? Anyway, his D'Arce choke was almost as impressive as him surviving the right hand of Mike Kyle that flattened him early in Rd. 1. It seems that Bigfoot isn't just getting by on good looks any more.

3) Robbie Lawler delivers. I'm still surprised that Babalu outpointed him when they fought (and I'm a Babalu fan).

4) I hate to say it, but Matt Lindland hasn't beaten top competition since his 2006 Rampage fight, which he lost...but kind of won.

5) I'd rather see Henderson fight Jacare, Rockhold, or Lawler at 185 (or 195) before Feijao (at 205).

No comments:

Post a Comment