Friday, August 7, 2009

Strikeforce/M-1 Conference Call: Lost in Translation?


This was, by the way, the strangest conference call ever. Vadim was missing half the time, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker got disconnected a few times, a car alarm kept going off, and Fedor didn't get too many questions.

I met these two a few years back when Fedor signed with M-1, hence the pics. Fedor was great. Vadim haunts my dreams.

Vadim:

"The UFC didn’t give us any chance to develop."

"Nothing special was offered to Fedor and M-1 during negotiations with the UFC."

"Whom does Dana White consider to be the best fighters? The fighters who have a record of 4-1?" (He means you, Brock.)

"Fedor would make the UFC famous outside the U.S."




Fedor:

(on his next opponent) "I don't need, really, good fighters because in my last two fights, I think I have really great opponents."

"The UFC does not have the proper attitude toward fighters. They do not consider fighters to be normal people, human beings."

(on potential Brock Lesnar fight) "I really feel very sorry for my fans, but I think that I also deserve some respect, and I also deserve that my personal interests are taken into consideration."

And here, ladies and gents, is the best line of the call...

"Everything I don't like, Vadim tries to stand for."

No comments:

Post a Comment