Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jake Shields Interview for Cage Potato


I spoke with Strikeforce middleweight champ and soon-to-be-free agent Jake Shields for a Cage Potato Q&A, and I'm pretty sure this guy's going to wind up in the UFC after his April 17 fight vs. Dan Henderson. Why?

1) Potential Strikeforce opponents at 170 lbs?: "They really didn’t have anyone at 170. That’s part of the reason why I stayed up."

2) Potential Strikeforce opponents at 185 lbs?: "That’s the problem: there’s not a lot of depth in talent."

3) "GSP is a fighter I’ve wanted to fight for years and whether I beat Henderson or lose to him, [GSP] is a fight I definitely want to seek out."

4) Dana White has said that he is going to make a run at Shields, no matter how he does against Hendo.

No comments:

Post a Comment